Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6339) gtk2.0 client / 1.14.1beta: please re-add the 'b

To: bh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6339) gtk2.0 client / 1.14.1beta: please re-add the 'buy' button on the overview screen
From: "John Wheeler" <jdwheeler42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 12:48:22 -0700

[vasc - Thu Oct  2 13:03:20 2003]:

> Hence I may put the buy button back, despite it being against the
> GNOME HIG, but I will not put the change button back.

I concur.  I do occassionally miss the Buy button (usually when I'm
building a defensive unit and a enemy shows up), but I've never missed
the Change button in the overview tab since it's been moved to the
production tab; more often than not, I want to do other things with
the worklist at the same time.  Plus, aesthetically I didn't care for
the popup window the Change button required.

Also, I'm surprised that some people don't consider double-clicking
obvious; it was the first thing I tried when I saw the Buy and Sell
buttons missing.

--

++JohnWheeler