Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6339) gtk2.0 client / 1.14.1beta: please re-add th

To: bh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6339) gtk2.0 client / 1.14.1beta: please re-add the 'buy' button on the overview screen
From: "John Keller" <jkeller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 13:20:31 -0700

John Wheeler wrote:
> [vasc - Fri Oct  3 21:08:07 2003]:
> > We should not change the default GTK+ 2.0 keybindings to something
> > else if we can help it. People like to be able to use the same
> > keybindings across programs. Each program defining the keyboard
> > shortcuts its own way is one of the things that annoy me in Linux.
> > UIs should be consistent.
>
> Absolutely.  I didn't realize that PgUp/PgDn/Home/End were used by GTK+
> 2.0. (Actually, I'm not even sure that if I use other GTK+ 2.0 programs.)
>
> Alt-Up and Alt-Down are not bad for moving items up and down.  How about
> Alt-Left and Alt-Right for switching between panels? (or are they used
> for something else?)

I've been lurking for a several weeks, pardon my jumping in.

If by panels, you mean the tabs, GTK uses Ctrl+PgUp/PgDown to switch.

If I misunderstood, and you mean the regions like worklist/available items,
I've often seen Ctrl+Tab/Ctrl+Shift+Tab to cycle between logical regions in
a dialog (instead of the Tab key's normal behavior of cycling through every
hotspot).

- John