Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6340) gtk2.0 / 1.14.1beta: item being produced sho

To: bh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6340) gtk2.0 / 1.14.1beta: item being produced should be first on queue
From: "Mike Kaufman" <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 13:53:03 -0700

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 06:04:39AM -0700, Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa wrote:
> > producing, and drag it up to the top of the worklist.  This is the
> > single most annoying part of the new client -- and it's a regression
> > from the older gtk client.
>
> This is temporary until worklists code changes so such hacks cease being
> necessary. That may be post 1.14.1.

i assume that you're talking about pcity->currently_building. That is a
load of crap. Vasc, I think you need to take half an hour and explore this.
I think you will find that the cure is worse than the disease.

Fixing it so that the current production is on top in the dialog takes
what, 30 lines of code at most? The GTK1 dialog didn't have a problem with it.

-mike