Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6373) Endgame command not working.

To: Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6373) Endgame command not working.
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 13:02:13 -0700

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003, Jason Short wrote:
> Per would know better than I, but I'm pretty sure there's a reason it's
> done the way it is.

The reason is that the players who are just done with a game should have
time to converse about the game they just played before the game is reset.
When the game is reset, all connection data is reset too.

Please keep in mind that this feature was written for pubserver primarily.
I agree that the error message is not very good and should be improved.

> it may not be possible to do this at all with players still attached.

Possibly. I did not see this as a feature, so I did not investigate.

  - Per