Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6373) Endgame command not working.

To: Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6373) Endgame command not working.
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 10:07:37 -0700

Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Oct 2003, Jason Short wrote:
>

>>Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
>>
>>>It's been like this for a long time.  Maybe I am doing something wrong?
>>
>>You can't load a game until the server 'resets'.  The server doesn't
>>reset until all clients disconnect.
>

> Is there a command "reset"?

No.

Per would know better than I, but I'm pretty sure there's a reason it's
done the way it is.  You can't just arbitrarily cancel the game or load
a new one without resetting all the necessary data first (so the
suggested "fix" for this is most likely very wrong), and it may not be
possible to do this at all with players still attached.

jason