[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5789) Don't send info about transported units to c

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5789) Don't send info about transported units to clients without shared vision
From: "Rafa³ Bursig" <bursig@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 07:47:22 -0700

Dnia 2003.09.19 23:17, Jason Short napisa³(a):

> Attached is most of a patch to accomplish this.
> The client-side code is probably complete.  The remaining problems
> are at the server end, because transported_by still isn't handled
> very rigorously.  When a unit moves onto or off of a transporter we
> need to send updated information about the transporter.

Please change bool occupied to int occupied.
This give us current transport occupy info and can work as bool.
You get real payload and others get "1".

> There's also a problem with send_unit_info_to_onlookers: this packet
> is used to send actions as well as general info.  So for instance if
> a unit moves onto a tririeme, the movement will not be sent because
> it's on a tririeme.  Just as with moving into/out of cities, we have
> to make an exception in this case.  A short-term solution would be
> the introduction of a boolean 'force' option.  A long-term one would
> probably separate action packets from info packets (this problem
> exists elsewhere; for instance with revolution ending).

When we move from land to sea on transport we must
first call send_unit_info_to_onlookers(...) this make move animation.
Next load unit on transport and send REMOVE_UNIT package to all players
without vison plus send_unit_info_to_onlookers(...) to others.

This allow you don't use any exception but force send secoud info
package.

Rafal