[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6183) barbarians on the poles

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6183) barbarians on the poles
From: "rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 07:49:07 -0700

The poles are by definition the first 2 continents, if they are defined as
special/separate continents.

You probably want to check for separate poles and the continent number as
is done in some map.c routines, rather than play heuristics with terrain
types that may be used in arbitrary locations, not just polar continents.

This is probably more in keeping with the concept or rationale for doing
this which surprisingly no one seems to really understand or perhaps
consider important.

Cheers,
RossW
=====