[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6158) police stations and women suffrage

To: ggracian@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#6158) police stations and women suffrage
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 14:34:47 -0700

On Sat, Sep 13, 2003 at 12:37:22PM -0700, Genevieve Gracian wrote:

> Hello,
>
> After you have completed women suffrage, you're still able to build (and
> complete) police stations in your cities. The effect of the police
> stations isn't cumulative with women suffrage's one.
>
> I checked other cases of buildings obsoleted by wonders and it's the
> only case when an useless building can be built.
>
> wonder          building        can be      can be
>                                 launched    completed
> great wall      city walls      yes         yes
> pyramids        granary         no          no
> sun tzu acad.   barracks I/II   no          no
> michelangelo    cathedral       no          no
> women suffrage  police station  yes         yes
> hoover dam      hydro plant     no          no
> seti program    research lab    no          no
>
> Since great wall can be obsoleted, I don't think that city wall are made
> completly useless by this wonder.

This is adjustable in buildings.ruleset:

---
; equiv_dupl    = list of buildings that duplicate this building if
;                 this city is within that building's range (may
;                 still build this, but will have no effect)
; equiv_repl    = list of buildings that replace this building if
;                 this city is within that building's range (not
;                 allowed to build this)
---

You can loose any wonder, may be it should always be possible to build the
equivalent building; but with a clear indication that it has currently no
effect. I think the (*) usually does this.

Christian

--
Christian Knoke          * * *          http://www.cknoke.de