[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6007) Civ3: Different sea types

To: marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#6007) Civ3: Different sea types
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 08:57:16 -0700

[marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx - Sun Sep  7 09:47:16 2003]:
> In civ3 there is three separate sea terrain types: Coast, Sea and Ocean.
> Fresh water lake is also separate terrain type. Map generator should
> support all this.

I think this sounds like a good idea. However, introducing these new sea
types should probably not be done as options, given the extra complexity
optional terrain types would add.

So the design board should probably look at the game rules desirability
of having three different ocean depth types. Looking at the topography
of these tiles, you can get a better idea of how oceans you do not see
are formed and where land bridges are.

  - Per