[Freeciv-Dev] civ3 compatibility

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] civ3 compatibility
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 16:24:22 +0000 (GMT)

Please note that Civ3 compatibility is not (yet) a prioritized goal for
Freeciv.  IMHO, changes needed for point for point compatibility with Civ3
is less important than changes needed to produce good modpacks that have
nothing to do with Civ3.  Personally, I do not want any changes that are
specific only to a Civ3 modpack and are unlikely to be ever used
otherwise.

Face it - Civ3 sucked, and we should be aiming higher.

  - Per