[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5777) Stuck building coinage in worklist

To: jdwheeler42@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5777) Stuck building coinage in worklist
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 12:54:00 -0700

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 09:56:12PM -0700, John Wheeler wrote:
> >
> > Since I use global worklist, frequently I'll have things on my worklist
> > that can't be built (yet) and end up building Coinage.  This is fine,
> > but when the new unit/improvement can be built, it keeps building
> > Coinage.  I'd prefer if at least every 5 to 10 turns it checked, if it's
> > building Coinage, whether anything else on the worklist is available and
> > if so switch to that.
>
> Think we don't need to check every 5-10 turns, check every time we have
> finished something is possible too.
>
> A proper solution should at least change back to improvement when
> possible. The IMA (improvement managing agent) has to look which
> building has to build next, and which not.
>
> Should build settlers when the cityowner wants to have 1.
>
> Think the interface could be like the current worklists, only that you
> can add priorities to the subjects. And a size above which you want to
> have it.
>
> Settler 1 priority 60 size 1
> Temple 1 priority 10 size 9
> Caravan 1 priority 40 size 1
> Settler 2 priority 45 size 2
> Musketeer 1 priority 60 size 4
> Aqueduct 1 priority 300 size 8
> Ironclad n priority 20 size 1
>
> This would remove much from the micromanagement.
>
> For military units or settlers it should be possible to add a "stop
> building unit x" to a city with an easy way. (F1 -> ... -> stop
> settlerproduction) And after that an additional flag should be added to
> the items of the worklist II.

Please refrain from automating things too much people. We want an
interface which does not bother a user with micromanagement, but we also
do not want to make something like Master of Orion 3, where the only thing
you do is click turn done.

I agree with allowing operations to be made on a set of cities instead of
a single city, but there are limits.

---