[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5789) Don't send info about transported units to c

To: bursig@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5789) Don't send info about transported units to clients without shared vision.
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 23:49:23 -0700

Rafal,

Ok, I understand more what you are trying to do now. But you are trying to
do way too much in one patch. As I've been trying to point out in earlier
posts, we really need to clean up the transported units handling in the
server at a low level first, otherwise everything else will become ugly
and unstable kludges.

Then we need to look at the rules for units that are transported
(get_defender() and vision range changes). We need to be careful so that
we do not give advantages to clients that auto-unload cargo after every
move, or make this hard/impossible somehow. We need to consider whether a
ground unit in an ocean square always must be transported or not - at
present it must not. Then make this consistent with how we handle air
units transported by sea units and land transporters. Etc.

Only after we have done these things we can start fixing the other
problems.

  - Per