[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5108) submarines and shared vision

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5108) submarines and shared vision
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 13:19:56 -0700

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 01:01:30PM -0700, Jason Short wrote:
> Christian Knoke wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 12:09:10PM -0700, Jason Short wrote:
> >
> >>You can't see the submarines of your allies, even if you have shared
> >>vision with them.
> >

> > Shared vision and alliance are different. Maybe this is a feature?
>
> But certainly at least one, if not both, of these should allow you to
> see the player's submarines?

You would think so, and probably you are right. I just wanted to suggest
that it *might* be a feature not to see other players's submarines, even
if you have shared vision with them.

In the same way as you cannot look into cities of your allies, even when you
have a unit there.

When you have shared vision with somebody in a big game, it often happens
that you have shared vision with nearly everybody in the game, due to its
transitiveness. Then this advantage of submarines is lost.

But this is just an idea, probably this is just a bug, which is easier to
correct than to maintain.

Christian

--
Christian Knoke          * * *          http://www.cknoke.de
* Please note new mail address - Neue Mailadresse beachten *