[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5103) ai diplomacy

To: chrisk@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5103) ai diplomacy
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 05:45:21 -0700

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003, Christian Knoke wrote:
> CVS 15 AUG 2003 GTK 1 conndlg9
>
> I declare war to a neutral AI player.
>
> 1) I am not warned that this breaks alliance with other player
>
> 2) Now 2 other player (1 peace, 1 alliance) declare war to me, but this
>  brings *my* reputation down.

This is intentional. When you declare on a player, _you_ also declare war
on all its allies. Its allies will not suffer any diplomatic penalties,
since they are merely honouring their alliance obligations.

However, the reputation penalty for such declarations of war on an entire
alliance might be a bit hard. I think perhaps nobody should suffer
reputation penalty when allies join the war.

  - Per