[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5096) Remove a duplicate gameloss unit safety net

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#5096) Remove a duplicate gameloss unit safety net
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 17:28:16 -0700

Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> This removes an unnecessary F_GAMELOSS unit safety net, and also
> simplifies some code using the new bounce_unit() function.
>
> This also removes a potential bug: It would assert if we have no other
> cities left, then lose a ferry or (our last) city containing a F_GAMELOSS
> unit.

I think disband_stack_conflict_unit() should just be dropped.
bounce_unit() is enough, and better named IMO.

Also, what happens if you bribe a GAMELOSS unit?  For instance in
transfer_city_units you can bribe the city and get the F_GAMELOSS unit;
the original player doesn't die but now you've got an extra vulnerable unit.

jason