[Freeciv-Dev] Worms tileset

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Worms tileset
From: "Arturo Espinosa-Aldama" <arturoea@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 00:09:26 -0500

Hi.

I'm using more time than I should on this project, but I'd really like to see this working soon. I hope this is the last day I work on this until late September... I've got to get on real work!

So, I've tried the tileset on the client, using macrosiotrident as a substitute for what is missing, and the thing looks great on 128x64. 64x32 is OK, I suppose.

The GTK2 client only handles 100% or no transparency, and 50% seems to be the threshold. I'll try the SDL client soon, hoping that it handles a full alpha channel... I suppose I'll have to use another gimp script to get rid of partial alphas on the png files so that I don't get those ugly black borders on all sprite edges with the GTK2 client.

A question: how can I disable the "dithering" algorythm? It really doesn't work with my tileset, and I think it would look much better without this algorythm. An option to turn this off would be really helpful.

There are a couple of bugs with the tileset now; I'll post a screenshot when I get these issues solved.

Greetings,
Arturo