[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Lots of viruses

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Lots of viruses
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 13:38:27 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Andy Smith wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 08:48:28PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> > Can you guys disable the CCing of freeciv-dev until the loop is resolved?
> >
> > On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 03:49:46PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I have been receiving numerous viruses from the request tracker -- at a
> > > rate
> > > of about one a minute.Can you guys do anything about it?
>
> I am not seeing this, and I do not have any sort of virus checking
> on my email.I think this must be entirely at your end, otherwise
> we would all be seeing it?

It was a mail loop between RT and a mailman program somewhere, triggered
by the randomly forged headers of a virus mail. It has stopped now.

The mailing list is moderated for mail addresses not actually subscribed
to the list. So my mailbox was full of them, but the rest of you would be
spared the hassle.

Oh, and RT was stuffed full of them too. Pretty annoying.

  - Per
(mailing lists moderator)