[Freeciv-Dev] Re: unit animation file format

Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: unit animation file format
From: Jason Short <jshort@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 22:10:19 -0400

For now we will stick with PNG for animation and other images. Although this certainly has some drawbacks in the long term, its short-term advantages override this. Later we may switch to something like MNG or FLC.

For rendered animations, we would like to have the original rendering model as well. This won't be distributed directly with Freeciv, but will be available for separate download by tileset authors.

jason short
(for the Freeciv maintainers)