[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4667) Re: Error in data/Freeciv:73

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4667) Re: Error in data/Freeciv:73
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 13:14:18 -0700

[jdorje - Fri Aug  1 02:01:51 2003]:

> Jason Short wrote:
>
> >>What about changing the string to " "?  It need not be marked for
> >>translation.
>
> Hmm, I'm not sure if this will work.  We can't use " " since this is
> interpreted literally.  I can just leave the line blank, but then I
> don't know if it will be translated or not.
>
> Please test the xaw_data-2.diff patch attached.  If that doesn't work
> try xaw_data.diff.

I need someone using NLS to test these patches.  If you compile and run
the XAW client, without any patch the connect dialog should have a
garbage string second from the top.  With the first patch hopefully
there is no string, but I'm not sure.  With the second patch there
should be an English string (since the string isn't yet translated).

If the first patch works we will use it.

jason