[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4736) Wishlist: Allies should share points for win

To: zakarria@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4736) Wishlist: Allies should share points for winning (re: pubserver ranking)
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 09:46:23 -0700

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, Paul Zastoupil wrote:
> Pubserver uses ELO, and there can be multiple "winners" (if there is
> more than one, its counted in the draw column now). The ranking code on
> pubserver predates alliances.It needs an overhaul, and I plan to spend
> some time on it when we getauthenticion working.

The team code already has some kind of score sharing, but I don't know how
exactly that works with the pubserver ranking.

See http://www.freeciv.org/lxr/source/server/gamelog.c#L140

  - Per

"This is the future for the world we're in at the moment,"
promised Lawrence Di Rita, special assistant to Rumsfeld.
"We'll get better as we do it more often."