[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4667) Re: Error in data/Freeciv:73

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4667) Re: Error in data/Freeciv:73
From: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 14:27:01 -0700

On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 01:14:18PM -0700, Jason Short wrote:

> [jdorje - Fri Aug  1 02:01:51 2003]:

> > Hmm, I'm not sure if this will work.  We can't use " " since this is
> > interpreted literally.  I can just leave the line blank, but then I
> > don't know if it will be translated or not.
> >
> > Please test the xaw_data-2.diff patch attached.  If that doesn't work
> > try xaw_data.diff.
>
> I need someone using NLS to test these patches.  If you compile and run
> the XAW client, without any patch the connect dialog should have a
> garbage string second from the top.  With the first patch hopefully
> there is no string, but I'm not sure.  With the second patch there
> should be an English string (since the string isn't yet translated).
>
> If the first patch works we will use it.

Without patch I see a big box containing the first de.po entry, starting
with "Project-Id-Version: 1.15 ...

With xaw_data.diff I see the same thing.

With xaw_data-2.diff I see a small box left side adjusted instead, which is
empty. Still irritating.

Christian

--
Christian Knoke          * * *          http://www.cknoke.de
* Please note new mail address - Neue Mailadresse beachten *