Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3771) Uproar display of cities

To: ChrisK@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3771) Uproar display of cities
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 11:41:32 -0700

Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> Jason,
>
> Have you found where
> "the full city packet is erronously (I think) being sent out."
> ?
>
> If not, this patch will further mask the place where this bug occurs.  I
> think we have to find this wrong packet first.

Hmm, I don't think it will mask the bug, but we do have to find it...

IMO we need a clean separation of the internal view of a city versus the
external view.  Players with an internal view get a city_info packet
while those with an external view get a short_city packet.

My question is, who has an internal view?

- The player.
- An investigating spy (temporary; special case).
- Anyone at union with the player?
- Anyone with shared vision with the player?

Currently it is only the first two.

jason