Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4660) Weird alliance code bug

To: tomg@xxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4660) Weird alliance code bug
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 02:18:13 -0700

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Tom Goulet wrote:
> I set the Chileans and the Arabians to be AI players allied with each
> other using Civworld. I am playing the Canadians.
>
> My cruiser attempted to attack an Chilean alpine troops that seemed to
> be on an Arabian transport on the ocean. Freeciv reported back to me
> "No war declared against Foobar, cannot attack". Foobar is the
> Chileans.

I suppose you are at war with the Chileans but not with the Arabs? Then
this is intentional. Go to war against the Arabs, then attack the tile.

  - Per

"This is the future for the world we're in at the moment,"
promised Lawrence Di Rita, special assistant to Rumsfeld.
"We'll get better as we do it more often."