Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4660) Weird alliance code bug

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4660) Weird alliance code bug
From: "Tom Goulet" <tomg@xxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 09:35:52 -0700

On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 05:25:54PM +0000, Tom Goulet wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 03:18:34AM -0700, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> > Most peculiar. Do you have a savegame?
> Unfortunately, no.

I lied, I just found it.  I put it up at
<URL:http://web.em.ca/~tomg/tmp/civgame+1510.sav.gz>.  Connect as
"Player".

I also noticed that the Freeciv server prints out this message:
| 1: Get_def bugged at (79,12). The most likely course is a unit on an
| ocean square without a transport. The owner of the unit is Foobar

The cruiser is to the right-hand side of my empire.

Now to go try the patch...
| root@nova:/usr/src/freeciv-1.14.0# patch -p0 <~tomg/tmp/tomg1.diff
| patching file server/unithand.c
| Hunk #1 succeeded at 948 (offset -49 lines).
| root@nova:/usr/src/freeciv-1.14.0#

Oh, wow, it's nice to see Make actually do its job.

I get these messages from the server just after starting the game and
before moving any of my units:
| 2: attacker is Zotquux's Riflemen (id 852)
| 2: last message repeated 2 times
| 2: Found Diplomat owned by Zotquux (id 759) who is at peace with us
| 2: Found Alpine Troops owned by Zotquux (id 622) who is at peace with us
| 2: attacker is Zotquux's Riflemen (id 852)
| 2: attacker is Zotquux's Riflemen (id 852)
| 2: Found Riflemen owned by Zotquux (id 790) who is at peace with us
| 2: Found Riflemen owned by Zotquux (id 399) who is at peace with us
| 2: attacker is Zotquux's Riflemen (id 852)
| 2: attacker is Zotquux's Transport (id 799)
| 2: attacker is Zotquux's Transport (id 799)
| 2: Found Alpine Troops owned by Zotquux (id 696) who is at peace with us
| 2: pdefender is Player's Musketeers (id 721)
| 2: attacker is Zotquux's Cavalry (id 563)
| 2: Found Musketeers owned by Player (id 721) who is at war with us

The messages are wrong, Zotquux is at war with me.  I'm showing you a
screenshot in case you don't believe me,
<URL:http://web.em.ca/~tomg/tmp/freeciv_bug_1.png>.  Uhm, also, contrary
to the last message, I am also sure that Player is not at war with
Player.

Now... when I go and attack the swimming alpine troops with my cruiser I
get this from the client:
| Game: No war declared against Foobar, cannot attack.
| Game: Cancel treaty in the players dialog first (F3).
And this from the server:

--
Tom Goulet, tomg@xxxxx, D8BAD3BC, http://web.em.ca/~tomg/contact.html