Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Question and a patch.

To: molv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Question and a patch.
From: Bursig Rafal <bursig@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 12:00:36 +0200

Dnia 2003.07.22 06:46, Lobo Gris napisał(a):
Hi Lobo

1) \302\277What does it means the version number 1.14.1? \302\277Is that you are
adding new features to approaching the 1.15 release or you are
debugging the 1.14 release? \302\277Or both?

Rather both but we plan soon release 1.14.1 with many bug fixes and after that we commit some big patches (with changes may things in code) for 1.15 release.

2) I have just updated an old patch that I made three years ago. This
patch includes three new optional game rules:

- the option to deactivate the killstack feature
- the option to regulate the amount of damage in a battle (so it is
possible that both units survive)
- A not binary veteran rule (levels of Experience)

If you (developers of freeciv) are really interested in one or both of first two options, I can make a separate patch and sent it to you.
Plaese separate them and sent to rt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with descriotions.
Mabe we can use it in futrure...

about your veteran code...
We have alonst ready new veteran code which IMHO is more flexible that your proposal (current you don't support wonders influence, settler work , ship lost , etc) but your idea with expirience points and no- random raise chance is very interesting (this may have nice effect in fantasy scenarios)

we can try connect both models and get nice result...

if you have more question ( and more time ) that there is irc chanel
(#freeciv-dev) where you can always ( McHawk-away is always :) ) meet somebody (look to www.freeciv.org).

Rafal

PS. if you want see our new veteran code then goto rt.freecov.org login as guest and search PR#4044 ticket.