Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Question and a patch.

To: Lobo Gris <molv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Question and a patch.
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 07:59:10 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, Lobo Gris wrote:
> 1) ¿What does it means the version number 1.14.1? ¿Is that you are
> adding new features to approaching the 1.15 release or you are debugging
> the 1.14 release? ¿Or both?

It is a bit confusing at the moment. CVS HEAD is what is to become the
1.15 release, although it is called 1.14.1. What might become the 1.14.1
release is in the CVS branch called S1_14.

> 2) I have just updated an old patch that I made three years ago. This
> patch includes three new optional game rules:
>
> - the option to deactivate the killstack feature
> - the option to regulate the amount of damage in a battle (so it is possible
> that both units survive)
> - A not binary veteran rule (levels of Experience)

I have not seen this before. Unfortunately, another veteran levels patch
has been made which is on its way to cvs inclusion, see
http://rt.freeciv.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=4044. Can you look at this
and see if you have anything to add to it, which you have done better?

Furthermore, making killstack optional has previously been rejected as
undesirable. I think the same would go for the damage option.

Looking at the TODO web page and searching RT before making a patch is
generally a good idea to avoid duplication of effort.

  - Per

"This is the future for the world we're in at the moment,"
promised Lawrence Di Rita, special assistant to Rumsfeld.
"We'll get better as we do it more often."