Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4633) Assertion triggers in citydlg_common.c:320

To: matusik_s@xxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4633) Assertion triggers in citydlg_common.c:320
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 08:38:59 -0700

mateusz stefek wrote:
> This is bug in current cvs version. It 'works' in gtk2 and gtk client.
> (I didn't test others)
>
> Open cis.gz, login as mateusz, start the game, press [Turn Done] and
> try to open a city which is building an airport. (It's an AI controlled
> civilization). Client crashes with message:
> civclient: citydlg_common.c:320: get_city_citizen_types: Assertion `i
> == pcity->size' failed.

The client, when reading a short_city packet overrides the existing
citizen status values, but not in a sane way.

In general, this means if we get a short city packet for a city we can
actually see the internals of, we'll end up with bogus results.

The logical conclusion is that short_city packets should only be sent
for cities we can't see and city_info packets only for cities that we
can.  "see" means see the internals of, not see on the map...

jason