Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4426) Adding append command to gui-gtk-2.0

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4426) Adding append command to gui-gtk-2.0
From: "jjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jjc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 12:48:06 -0700

Detailed description of patch:
Adds a append menu after the change menu in the city report dialog for
the gtk2 client.  The append menu contains city improvements, wonders and
units.  When the menu item is selected, the choosen item will be appended to
all selected citys' worklists.

Reason for existance:
I often want to add something to several cities worklists.  For example,
when I discover university I would like to have all my science producing
cities build one.  With this patch I can sort the list by CMA or by amount
of science, and then select the first few cities, and then go to append->
improvement->University and university will be added to all those cities.
If I had used the change instead, it would have killed the current projects
of the cities that I had selected.

A patch to do this has been requested at least twice on freecivdev.

No changes since the last posting of the patch.  It can be found on rt.

--
Josh Cogliati