Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4345) pcity->occupied not properly updated

To: ChrisK@xxxxxxxx, Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4345) pcity->occupied not properly updated
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 01:35:48 -0700

[ChrisK@xxxxxxxx - Fri Apr  4 11:31:49 2003]:

> CVS 04 APR 2003 GTK 1
>
> A city icon is shown w/o flag after a spy investigated it.
>
> Reproducible. Login as chris. Unload spy near Drammen. Notice the city
has a
> flag. Investigate Drammen. Notice units inside. Close city window. Notice
> city has no flag any more. Move spy back on ship. Notice city flag
reappear.
> Use tanks and howitzer to conquer city. Fix bug.

This is a slightly different version of the problem.  I think the
occupied flag may not be updated all the times when it should be because
if a city packet (instead of a short city packet) is sent to the client
there is no occupied information.

This is hard to test off of a saved game since the occupied flag wasn't
stored in the original savegame (but now is).  Once the client has
inconsistent information it may stay inconsistent for a little while...

jason