Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4564) Ground units can destroy planes!

To: remi.bonnet@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4564) Ground units can destroy planes!
From: "Guest" <rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 09:56:46 -0700

Re - Sorry, misuse of the tab button (I don't like writing in a formular)

When a plane attack a ground unit, if the plane lost, it is destroyed.
That's really not realistic. When a plane bombard an unit and fail, it
should only lose move points and hit points only in paticular situation.
I think a combat between a plane and a ground/sea unit should be like this.

Role the dice 8 times:
For each roll, if the plane win, the attacked unit lose one hit point.
If the attacked unit win, ther is different cases:
  - the defender is in a city with SDI/SAM: the air unit lose one hit point
  - the defender unit is enough modern: the air unit has 50% of losing
one hit point
  - the defender unit is not modern: nobody lose hit points

If after the 8 rolls, there the plane and the defender are still alive,
the attacking player can continue to try to bombard (he lose one move
point at each try) or moving the plane somewhere else.