Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4417) Use of ISAAC Random generator in Freeciv

To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4417) Use of ISAAC Random generator in Freeciv
From: "Rafa³ Bursig" <bursig@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 07:17:03 -0700

Dnia 2003.06.16 15:25, Per I. Mathisen napisa³(a):

> I really doubt that a faster random number generator will make much of
> a difference. The only place in the code that I can see myrand() is
> used
> heavily is in mapgen and in unit combat loops.
>
> Please try to analyze what are the current performance bottlenecks
> _before_ you start working on solutions.
Dear Per

it is 100 % TRUE that this will have rather small influence on
performance.
Simple I don't work on any solution only play with the code and
sometime sent effects of my madness to list. I look to server code
becouse I must take break in my client code.
I know that my ideas mostly have poor quality but you allways can
ignore it :)

Rafal