Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4372) Missile carriers with limited fuel always cr

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4372) Missile carriers with limited fuel always crash
From: Joseph Ennis <ennisj471@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 10:00:46 -0700 (PDT)

I did something similar, making bombers into
MISSILE_CARRIERS. Watch out for CARRIERS, though.
Putting an air unit MISSILE_CARRIER onto a CARRIER
will greatly increase the effective transport_cap of a
CARRIER. It will be something alongs the lines
carrier->transport_cap + (carrier->transport_cap *
air_unit_missile_carrier->transport_cap).

--Andrew

--- Cameron Morland <cameron@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was experimenting some months back with the
> Fantasy modpack, and I
> wanted to make an air unit with limited range
> ("stormcloud") which could
> carry missiles ("lightning bolts"). Unfortunately
> adding Missile_Carrier
> to a unit with limited fuel causes said unit to
> always crash, even when
> on an aircraft carrier or in a city (ie my
> stormcloud would die on the
> second turn even if it stays in a city). The
> attached patch fixes this.

name=missileCarrierFuel.diff