Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Imlib w/o X11 question (for CivWorld)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Imlib w/o X11 question (for CivWorld)
From: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 02:20:14 +0100 (WET DST)

On Fri, 9 May 2003, Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa wrote:

> > > Maybe civworld ought to be ported to gtk2 instead...
> >
> > gee, I wonder who should do that ;) On a serious note, I probably will do
> > that as soon as I have a great deal of time and as soon as I figure out the
> > abortion that is now GTK2 clists.
>
> You mean GtkTreeView? Yes that is sort of braindead and slow. ;)

Oh yeah nearly forgot to say this... To please the Win32 folks you may
just port the absolutely essential code.
Even though most of the GTK+ 1.2 API has been deprecated in 2.0, GtkCList
and all the other old widgets are still there for backwards compatibility.
Just not as well maintained. But they do work.

In short: port the GdkImlib bits to GdkPixbuf and the code probably will
mostly compile in GTK+ 2.0 as is.

---