Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4172) Re: AI FIXES : advmilitary.c

To: olivier.davy@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4172) Re: AI FIXES : advmilitary.c
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko" <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 06:32:03 -0700

Olivier,

Welcome to AI hacking!

In future it is advisable to discuss the changes you want to implement on
the freeciv-ai list, since other people might have some ideas on the
matter or indeed even have work in progress.

On Mon, 5 May 2003, Olivier DAVY wrote:

> Olivier DAVY
>
> Thank you for your answer,
>
> let me some time and I will send you a more correct patch,
> regarding to your comments :
> - no more comments about my changes, assuming that what I do is ok (more or
> less)
> - clear old deprecated code, since I changed it (cf. simple_ai_...)
> - optimizing test (cf. bestId)
> - New comments on function (clearing the old ones)

- no weird allignment of conditions in ifs (and follow style-guide in
general)
- no pretend floating point arithmetic

and, very importantly,

- the FIXME in the comment of ai_choose_attacker is wrong and should _not_
be followed.  The proper explanation of the function's role can be found
in the comment for kill_something_with.  Instead you can remove the
fixme and maybe change the function name to something more suitable.

I am not sure about FIXME in choose_bodyguard, ask Per.

I would recommend the following patch: do use is_stack_vulnerable like you
did in your patch.  Move is_stack_vulnerable all the way to common/ (I
think combat.c is the best place).  Use is_stack_vulnerable in the server
as well (there is one place somewhere in unittools or unithand, do a
grep).  And make no other changes in this patch.  Such a compact patch
with clear-cut scope will be reviewed and commited much faster.

Best wishes,
G.