Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4131) 'make dist' for the daily snapshot

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4131) 'make dist' for the daily snapshot
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 10:23:43 -0700

I'm opening an RT ticket for this.

Paul Zastoupil wrote:
> On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 11:06:02AM -0500, Jason Dorje Short wrote:

>>We should change the daily snapshots so that they are generated by
>>"./autogen.sh && make dist" rather than just by "cvs export" (which is I
>>assume what we're using now).  That would make a daily snapshot
>>indistinguishable from a full source release.  To make things more
>>consistent, we could then use the same freeciv machine to generate the
>>source release - thus helping to avoid problems like the Xaw3d one in
>>1.14.0.  It's possible this would mean installing other software
>>(automake, autoconf) on the freeciv machine.  And no, I'm not sure what
>>freeciv machine that would be...
>

> Everything should already be installed.  I can almost compile the server
> and Xaw client on the cvs.freeciv.org machine (Solaris 9 on
> UltraSparc). I had to hand edit configure to add -lm in two places just
> to get it to complete.
>
> I've also got problems with client/gui-xaw/plrdlg.c, but I think this is
> due to the fact that no one is testing this client very much.
>
> Two tickets to follow.

It's not necessary to be able to compile any part of freeciv to get
'make dist' to work.  All you should need are automake, autoconf,
gettext, libtool, gmake, and maybe some other tools installed.  (Of
course, any bug reports when compiling on this system would be good in
their own right.)

The biggest change is probably just changing the script that automates
this step.  I don't even know where this script is...

jason