Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Snapshot : how to compile ?

To: Olivier DAVY <olivier.davy@xxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Snapshot : how to compile ?
From: Jason Dorje Short <vze49r5w@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 11:06:02 -0500

Olivier DAVY wrote:
Hi everybody !

I downloaded a snapshot (.bz2),
but there is no ./configure.sh file,

so could you please tell me how to compile the snapshot as the stable version 1.14 ?

Need I download something else ?

Run ./autogen.sh instead of ./configure. You may need some additional development software; it should be easy to download and install.

We should change the daily snapshots so that they are generated by "./autogen.sh && make dist" rather than just by "cvs export" (which is I assume what we're using now). That would make a daily snapshot indistinguishable from a full source release. To make things more consistent, we could then use the same freeciv machine to generate the source release - thus helping to avoid problems like the Xaw3d one in 1.14.0. It's possible this would mean installing other software (automake, autoconf) on the freeciv machine. And no, I'm not sure what freeciv machine that would be...

jason