Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Snapshot : how to compile ?

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Olivier DAVY <olivier.davy@xxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Snapshot : how to compile ?
From: Paul Zastoupil <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 10:14:20 -0700

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 11:06:02AM -0500, Jason Dorje Short wrote:
> Olivier DAVY wrote:
> >Hi everybody !
> >
> >I downloaded a snapshot (.bz2),
> >but there is no ./configure.sh file,
> >
> >so could you please tell me how to compile the snapshot as the stable
> >version 1.14 ?
> >
> >Need I download something else ?
>
> Run ./autogen.sh instead of ./configure.  You may need some additional
> development software; it should be easy to download and install.
>
> We should change the daily snapshots so that they are generated by
> "./autogen.sh && make dist" rather than just by "cvs export" (which is I
> assume what we're using now).  That would make a daily snapshot
> indistinguishable from a full source release.  To make things more
> consistent, we could then use the same freeciv machine to generate the
> source release - thus helping to avoid problems like the Xaw3d one in
> 1.14.0.  It's possible this would mean installing other software
> (automake, autoconf) on the freeciv machine.  And no, I'm not sure what
> freeciv machine that would be...

Everything should already be installed.  I can almost compile the server
and Xaw client on the cvs.freeciv.org machine (Solaris 9 on
UltraSparc). I had to hand edit configure to add -lm in two places just
to get it to complete.

I've also got problems with client/gui-xaw/plrdlg.c, but I think this is
due to the fact that no one is testing this client very much.

Two tickets to follow.
--
Paul Zastoupil