Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4100) Transitive treaties under alliance

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4100) Transitive treaties under alliance
From: "Reinier Post" <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 13:35:57 -0700

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 04:39:15PM -0700, ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

[...]

> I would solve the invading city with allied transport problem with a
> check like for paratroops. When entering a city and there are is a unit
> which is at least allied with the city, the units on transport die. Would
> go to prison.

Incidentally, just weeks ago I saw a recount of a real live event
in which something similar happened:

  allied(G,J) and war(G,A) and war(J,A)

(I think allied(X,Y) and war(Y,Z) implies war(X,Z) btw)

but now the state changed to

   peace(G,A) and war(J,A)

with two J units aboard a G vessel that was about to surrender in an A city.

The J units committed suicide.

--
Reinier