Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4102) contact and intelligence

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#4102) contact and intelligence
From: "ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:22:10 -0700

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 11:46:34AM -0700, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> > The list of techs is a rather large goody to give so cheaply. Can we
> > disallow tech exchange before an embassy is estabished?
>
> I don't really see why we should introduce that extra complexity. When
> people see my units, they usually realize how few techs I have anyway ;)

What is when your hightech unit was bribed (with city or normal) from
another player? You can't be sure that someone has a tech when he has
the units. And you can estimate if someone is doing research or tax when
you get that information.

I think don't give the aggressive/attacking/exploring player to much
information. (Ok is bad for me, but think it wouldn't be fair)

Thomas
--
Thomas Strub  ***  eMail ue80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jb: people are stupid, they don't want to learn.