Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4102) contact and intelligence

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#4102) contact and intelligence
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 15:04:34 -0700

The recent patch to introduce the possibility of diplomatic meetings a few
turns after your units first met, let loose a single worm from the big
can: We now give away some information through the meet dialog which we
previously only could get through the intelligence dialog.

This information is: A list of cities (except capital) and a list of
technologies.

To avoid a situation where players open a meet dialog just check on the
other player's progress, this information should also be available in the
intelligence dialog. This means we need to enable a partial intelligence
dialog. I am not sure how the various clients would handle that. Client
maintainer responses wanted.

  - Per