Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#3978) Meta ticket for mouse clicks

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#3978) Meta ticket for mouse clicks
From: "a-l@xxxxxxx" <a-l@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 04:02:00 -0700

I thought it would be useful with a meta ticket to discuss how the
various mouse click types should work in the client. I can't get
"Alt" Click to work with GTK, so I guess Shift- and Control- clicks
are the only options. In other words, this is a limited resource.

Here is my suggestion for functionality. I have patches in the works.

Plain Mouse Clicks
------------------
- Left Click:
  Select unit, popup city or tile stack.

- Right Click:
  Recenter map.

- Right Click And Drag:
  Draw Selection Rectangle and enter Area Selection mode. (PR#3727).

- Middle Click:
  Popup tile/unit info.

Shift Key
---------
- Shift Left Click:
  Copy production. (PR#3727).

- Shift Right Click:
  Paste production. (PR#3727).

- Shift Middle Click:
  ???

Control Key
-----------
- Control Left Click:
  Quickselect a sea unit, bypassing tile stack popup.
  Transporter first, if available.
  (To be extracted from PR#3529).

- Control Right Click:
  Quickselect a land unit, bypassing tile stack popup.
  Military unit with movement points left, if available.

- Control Middle Click:
  Wake up sentries at tile.

Shift + Control Key
-------------------
- Shift Control Left Click:
  Adjust workers.

- Shift Control Right Click:
  Pre-order city (*1).

- Shift Control Middle Click:
  ???

Double Click
------------
Nothing.

In Area Selection mode
- Left Click:
  Toggle tile highlighting. (PR#3727).

- Right Click:
  Cancel Area Selection mode (PR#3727), and recenter map.

(*1) By pre-order city, I mean the city should start blinking like a
     focus unit. User should be able to give the city an order, or a
     mission order (PR#3530), which will be executed by the unit the
     city is producing, when it is produced.

Arnstein