Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Multiple veteran level system patch

To: James <james.blewitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Multiple veteran level system patch
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 20:08:01 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, James wrote:
> I noticed that the ToDo list on the web page needs a patch for multiple
> veteran levels.
> I already have a patch to do this (that I wrote for my own personal freeciv
> games).

Unfortunately, that isn't really helpful. Your patch lacks much that the
two other patches got, like veteran levels for settlers, triremes and
diplomats, so now we have three unfinished patches trying to do pretty
much the same thing.

Could you look at the two other patches, and merge the three approaches
into one patch, please?

Also, don't duplicate code that can be put into a function and reused, and
please do read the style guide.

  - Per