Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Multiple veteran level system patch

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Multiple veteran level system patch
From: James <james.blewitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 21:53:00 +0000

I noticed that the ToDo list on the web page needs a patch for multiple
veteran levels.
I already have a patch to do this (that I wrote for my own personal freeciv
games).

I've uploaded it to:  pub/incoming/veteran_patch.diff

It has game.ruleset configurable modes to allow the (civ 1/2) veteran system:
expanded_veteran_system = 0
or to allow a new 5 level veteran system:
expanded_veteran_system = 1

This gives 5 levels: green, experienced, hardened, veteran and elite.
The difficulty in increasing levels are (starting from green):
50% 33% 25% 20%
or with SAN TZU's war academy:
100% 50% 33% 25%

I've updated all of the clients to handle the new system when it is detected.

Hope its useful,
James Blewitt
--
Famous last words: