Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] compiling with --enable-debug

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] compiling with --enable-debug
From: Jason Dorje Short <vze49r5w@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 11:27:16 -0500

a-l@xxxxxxx wrote:

For testing, you should compile with debugging enabled (--enable-debug).
This enables CHECK_MAP_POS, which will catch some mistakes (real and
imagined).

This always gives me "treating warnings as errors" and refusing to
compile because of control reaching end of some non-void function or
another. Is that a problem with my compiler flags setup?

As was mentioned elsewhere, -Werror is used by default with debugging. Like Per hinted at, this is because we are "supposed" to generate no compiler warnings. If you get compiler warnings, please report them. (You should get them when compiling without debugging, too, but they won't be fatal.)

jason