Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3621) Freeciv 1.14.0 Changes Nations in Saved Game

To: Jared.Blackburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3621) Freeciv 1.14.0 Changes Nations in Saved Games
From: "Mike Kaufman" <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 13:47:09 -0800

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 01:57:34PM -0800, Raimar Falke wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 10:59:34AM -0800, freeciv-dev-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
> wrote:
> >
> > In when a game is saves in version 1.14.0 and loaded later, some of
> > players may find that they are a different nation than they were when
> > the game was saved.  (E.g., the Koreans may become Dutch or Bavarian.)
> >
> > No action is need to produce this other that to save the game, stop the
> > server, and then resart using the -f flag.  However, nations near the
> > beginning of the list seem less likely to change.
> >
> > (I've noticed that not all nations are included every time -- could it
> > be that as different nations set are selected by the server that some
> > nations are replaced or else displaced up or down the list?)
>
> This is a known issue. It was reported by ESR (who also wrote the
> patch which caused this problem) at the end of January. No solution or
> patch was proposed yet.

I don't know, The nation ordering (and naming) changes were made subsequent
to this and I can't reproduce the problem with the latest CVS-stable
(though I haven't tried really hard). Looking at the code (which was the
same as before, yields no insights. You're quite sure this is 1.14.0 code?

Could you send us initial conditions (rand seed, etc) that will reproduce
this?

-mike