Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3769) Unit movement buggy and slow

To: ChrisK@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3769) Unit movement buggy and slow
From: "jorneg@xxxxxxxxxxx" <jorneg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 10:47:38 -0800

En/na Jason Short ha escrit:

>[ChrisK@xxxxxxxx - Sat Mar 22 21:32:06 2003]:
>

>>CVS 22 MAR 2003 GTK 1.2
>>
>>Hello,
>>
>>some issues about unit movement on my 200 MHz box.
>>
>>In short: it's no fun anymore :-(
>>
>>Goto is significantly slower now (depending on route) and consumes
>>much CPU.
>>

>Iso or non-iso view?  Sounds like this was caused by the non-iso view
>drawing unification - and can be fixed by further unification.
>

>>Moving transporters (with units) in and out of cities is slow.
>>

>Is this a recent change?

    Yes, i think that this is the change in the client code to allow the
right display of the city descriptions.
    I think that when a transport leaves a city, the city tile and
description is writen for the total amount of units in the transport +
the tranport.
    And this happens in trindent tileset - i did not check other ones -.