Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#3708) new isotrident_shields tileset

To: DHerding@xxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#3708) new isotrident_shields tileset
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 13:33:28 -0800

[DHerding@xxxxxx - Fri Mar 14 18:09:40 2003]:

> This is a new version of isotrident_shields.tileset which should now
> be playable, screenshot attached.

When I try to use it, I get a bunch of warning messages like

1: warning: already have a sprite for f.serbia

and then the isotrident_shields ends up looking exactly like isotrident.
 I also get this (under your "patch") when using trident_shields.

I have a lot of other tilesets installed in different locations, and
possibly different PNG or specfiles are conflicting with each other.
But this shouldn't happen if the tileset is structured properly.

For development of the tileset, I'd recommend not *replacing* any of the
files from the standard distribution.  If you need to change something,
just introduce a new file (you can still use the old graphics files,
referenced by your own specfiles - just don't change any graphics or
spec files).  Then the tileset can be added to the set of contributed
tilesets, and it can be easily downloaded and used.

If we decide to include this tileset in the core distribution (i.e., put
it in CVS) then we can compress and merge the graphics with the existing
tilesets.  Here we have to be careful to avoid conflicts.

jason