Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3710) gtk2 city dialog, production

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3710) gtk2 city dialog, production
From: "Mike Kaufman" <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 06:25:30 -0800

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 02:56:11AM -0800, Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa wrote:

> Regarding drag and drop: sure I can add it but it is useless.
> In case you never noticed double-clicking on something in the available
> items list moves it to the current worklist. Double-clicking on something
> in the current worklist removes it. Sure beats wagging the mouse pointer
> around. ;-)

Ah, but it isn't redundant! The killer feature is to drag items around in
the worklist list thus changing the order of the worklist. Using the up and
down duttons is a major pain in the ass. It is extremely intuitive to use
DnD in this case. And once you've taken the time to implement it, you might
as well let people drag items from one list to the other (though I agree
the double-click should stay).

-mike