Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] (PR#3710) gtk2 city dialog, production

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#3710) gtk2 city dialog, production
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:31:24 -0800

In the CVS city dialog, the production tab of the dialog shows great
promise.

However, it is not listed in "Next time open" in "Misc settings", so you
can't get it to open there by default. This is a bug.

Also, the selecting production part is still time consuming, when it no
longer has to. The player should be able to drag and drop production
targets from the list over to worklist and/or current production. This is
faster (which is very important) and avoids the annoying production dialog
that pops up when you click on the "Change" button. It is also more
intuitive.

Alternatively, the current production can be the first item in the
worklist list. This way you can double-click on a new production item,
then double-click on the first item in the worklist list, and change
production this way. It is also much faster than the "Change" button
dialog. And also more intuitive.

I wish I could implement this myself, but my gtk skills leave everything
to be desired.

  - Per