Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2003:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3651) Window focus/backgound/foreground problem

To: rt-guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: gc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: (PR#3651) Window focus/backgound/foreground problem
From: "Vasco Alexandre da Silva Costa" <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 19:47:04 -0800

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, Guest wrote:

> Additional info: seems that this problem doesn't show with icewm nor
> kde-3.1, but shows with gnome-2.2.0.
>
> (by the way, the unit dialog is when you click on a unit of a city
> dialog; user says the "buy dialog" in the city has same trouble)

It does not show with the metacity which comes with RedHat 8.0 either.
It does show with blackbox.

I believe I know why there is a problem, but I wonder if this is not
broken behaviour by the part of these window managers.

The problem seems to occur when a new transient window is created after
some other toplevel window is opened. The WM places the new transient
window on top of the parent but behind the other toplevel windows of the
same app.

---